Viral Fish in English
- English name of Viral fish is ‘Snakehead Murrel‘
Viral Fish in Malayalam
- Malayalam name of Viral Fish is ‘Varal Meen.
- Other Malayalam names are Korava, Vatton‘
Viral Fish in Telugu
- Telugu name of Viral Fish is ‘Korameenu, Koramatta‘
Viral Fish in Kannada
- Kannada name of Viral Fish is ‘Konande‘
Viral Fish in Hindi
- Hindi name of Viral Fish is ‘Murrai‘
Viral Fish in Bengali
- Bengali name of Viral Fish is ‘Cheng, Shol‘
Viral Fish in Marathi
- Marathi name of Viral Fish is ‘Maral‘
Viral Fish in Oriya
- Oriya name of Viral Fish is ‘Gadisha‘
Viral fish (or) Viral meen is a fresh water fish normally referred as a mudfish, belongs to the family of “Channidae”. Viral is the most sought after fish due to its unique flavour, taste and softness. It is found largely in South India’s river, lakes, dam, swamps. Farming of Viral fish has important significance in India, mainly in Andhra Pradesh, which is one of the largest fish farming region. Viral is a high demand and high market value fish.
Viral meen grows upto 1 metre in length, and it is a carnivorous fish that mainly feed on smaller fishes. It has the capacity to live with decreased level of dissolved oxygen. It can live for long without water on the ground is an advantage of Viral meen. The name of Viral meen in English is Snakehead murrel because it is like a snake in appearance.
Normally found in rivers and migrates to flooded fields. In the dry season, it survives by burrowing in the mud. It is a very popular fish in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Viral meen fry and Viral meen curry are common delicacies found in these regions. Viral meen varuval and viral meen kuzhambu are very popular in Tamil Nadu. The viral meen does not have a fishy smell, even after it is cooked.
Viral Meen Benefits
Viral fish benefits are endless.
- Viral fish has high protein content and good for the formation of muscle on your body.
- Viral fish is good for maintaining fluid balance in the body
- Viral fish contains significant omega-3 fatty acids
- Viral fish contains high albumin levels that is good for healing the wound in the body.
- Viral fish helps in preventing atherosclerosis diseases
- Viral fish is good for eyes and brain health