Modha Fish in English
- English name of Modha or Motha Fish is “Cobia / Black King Fish”
Cobia Fish in Telugu
- Telugu name of Cobia Fish is “Peddah mottah / Peddla matta”
Cobia Fish in Tamil
- Tamil name of Cobia Fish is “Kadal viral / Kuluval”
Cobia Fish in Malayalam
- Malayalam name of Cobia Fish is “Modha / Motha / Kuluval mothai / Kadal viral”
Cobia Fish in Kannada
- Kannada name of Cobia Fish is “Melugu / Cuddai veral”
Cobia Fish in Marathi
- Marathi name of Cobia Fish is “Sakla / Madusa / Sakala”
Cobia Fish in Bengali
- Bengali name of Cobia Fish is “Scola”
Modha / Motha / Cobia Fish
Modha is a seawater fish found in the Atlantic Ocean, Indian coast ocean and Caribbean ocean. Rachycentron canadum is the scientific name of Modha. It looks similar to seer fish. Modha fish is very cost-effective than Seer fish. The fish is fleshy and has a single long elongated bone. It weighs from 2.2 kg to 40 kg. The meat texture is firm and flaky. It is a delicious fish for seafood lovers. Modha fish lives at depths between 50 and 100 meters. They feed on smaller fishes.
Other names of Modha fish are black kingfish, lemonfish, black salmon fish.
Pulli Modha fish is one of its type commonly available. Vella (white) Modha and karutha (black) modha are other types.
Modha fish curry and Modha fish fry are famous delicacies in Kerala. Pregnant ladies can consume Modha fish since it is low in mercury.
Modha Fish Health Benefits
- Modha fish contains vitamin B6, vitamin D, sodium, potassium and calcium
- Modha fish reduces blood pressure
- Modha fish contains low-fat protein, selenium and riboflavin
- Modha fish is high in omega 3 acids
- Modha fish reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Modha fish improves the immune system of the body
- Modha fish is good for heart health
- Modha fish lowers the levels of cholesterol in the blood
- Modha fish is good for skin health