Jalebi Fish in English
- English name of Jalebi Fish is ‘Tilapia‘
BUY FISH SCALE REMOVER ONLINE
Tilapia Fish in Tamil
- Tamil name of tilapia Fish is ‘Jalebi fish / Jilebi fish’
BUY FISH CUTTING KNIFE ONLINE
Tilapia Fish in Telugu
- Telugu name of Tilapia Fish is Queiloo / Koyya Pippali.
Tilapia Fish in Malayalam
- Malayalam name of Tilapia Fish is Thilopia/Kerala Karimeen
BUY FISH SCISSORS ONLINE
Tilapia Fish in Hindi
- Hindi name of Tilapia Fish is “Tilapia”
Tilapia Fish in Kannada
- Kannada name of Tilapia Fish is “Jilebi / Neyyi / Sarkari meenu”
Tilapia Fish in Marathi
- Marathi name of Tilapia Fish is “Silon / Kurla mavra”
Tilapia Fish in Bengali
- Bengali name of Tilapia Fish is “Tyangra, Tilapia, Topshe”
Jalebi Fish/Tilapia Fish
Jalebi is a very popular freshwater fish found in lakes, rivers, ponds. Jalebi come in a variety of species. In India, it is widely available at a high quality and an affordable price. Also, it is a farm raised fish. It is regarded as the most widely farmed freshwater fish in the world. Jalebi fish feeds on algae and other plants. It is easy to grow and farm this fish that requires cheap vegetarian diet. Jalebi fish can survive in different conditions and very adaptable. It can easily resist diseases. Raising Jalebi fish in ponds or other water bodies can actually help improve the quality of waters.
Jalebi fish has mild-tasting, flaky, and firm flesh. It doesn’t seem to be very fishy. The appearance of Jalebi fish is deep-bodied with long dorsal fins. Egyptians consider Jalebi fish as a symbol of rebirth.
Jalebi fish is one of the most consumed fish in India. Jalebi fish fry and Jalebi fish curry are very popular South Indian recipes found almost in every restaurant.
Jalebi Fish Health Benefits
Tilapia fish benefits are endless.
- Jalebi fish helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Jalebi fish has a good amount of high quality protein, and they are low in fat.
- Jalebi fish contains niacin, vitamin B12, phosphorus, selenium.
- Jalebi fish is rich in essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 that help keep the cholesterol under control.
- Jalebi fish play important roles in the functioning of blood vessels, lungs and immune system.
- Jalebi fish is good for diabetic patients.
- Jalebi fish is low in mercury and good for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Jalebi fish protects the mind from degenerative mental conditions such a dementia.
- Jalebi fish contains phosphorus, which is great for bone health.
- Jalebi fish is rich in potassium that is good for brain function.