Sankara Fish in English
- Sankara Fish in English is Pink Perch or Red Snapper.
Sankara Fish is one of the most popular and tastiest fish available in Tamil Nadu. Sankara meen is a seawater white-fleshed fish that is small and pinkish/reddish in colour. It has short and needle-like teeth. The English name of Sankara Fish is Pink Perch or Red snapper.
Sankara Fish fry is the most popular dish in Tamil Nadu, and it can be found in every home. Sankara meen is more ideal for frying purposes than curry. It is covered by homemade spicy masalas and shallow fried in oil, which is very delicious. Due to its zero trans-fat, Sankara meen is a valuable fish for health-conscious people. This fish has low-calorie contains only 5% of fat. Sankara Fish is not safe for pregnant ladies due to its high mercury level.
Sankara Fish Benefits
Sankara meen has numerous health benefits
- Sankara Fish contains many critical vitamins and minerals
- Sankara fish reduces the levels of cholesterol levels in the blood
- Sankara fish contains nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids and selenium
- Sankara fish is rich in calcium, potassium and phosphorus that is good for bone and teeth
- Sankara meen contains vitamins such as A, B Complex, D, C
- Sankara fish has low-fat contents
- Sankara fish is good for brain health