Paarai Fish in English
- English name of Paarai fish is ‘Trevally‘
Paarai Fish in Malayalam
- Malayalam name of Paarai Fish is ‘Vatta‘
Paarai Fish in Hindi
- Hindi name of Paarai Fish is ‘Shitap‘
Paarai Fish in Telugu
- Telugu name of Paarai Fish is ‘Kodavai / Kurugu Paarah‘
Paarai Fish in Kannada
- Kannada name of Paarai Fish is ‘Bonke‘
Paarai Fish in Marathi
- Marathi name of Paarai Fish is ‘Shitap‘
Paarai Fish / Trevally Fish
Paarai/Parai is a fleshy and tasty seawater fish available throughout the Indian coastal waters and Pacific Oceans. It is also known as Malabar King Fish. It is part of the staple fish basket. October to February is the peak season. Paarai meen comes under the big fish category. The bones of Paarai meen can be easily removed, which is good for children. The colour of the Parai fish is usually a silver overlain by a bluish-grey on the upper side and silvery white on the underside of the fish. It has a single small black spot on the upper margin. Typically, Paarai fish curry and Paarai fish fry are popular delicacy in Tamil Nadu.
Varieties of Parai Fish
- Kannadi paarai
- Manja Paarai
- Vari Paarai
- Thengai Paarai
- Thol Parai
Parai Fish Health Benefits
Paarai fish benefits are endless.
- Parai fish is rich in vitamin D, proteins, carbohydrates and other essential nutrients.
- Parai fish prevents inflammations and blood clots.
- Parai fish reduces the risk of autoimmune diseases.
- Parai fish reduces the levels of bad cholesterol.
- Paarai fish reduces risk of heart diseases.
- Parai fish prevents rheumatoid arthritis.
- Paarai fish boost brain health.
- Paarai meen is good for eyes.
- Parai fish protects the skin from UV damage.
- Paarai meen protects from ulcerative colitis.
- Paarai fish is good for asthma in children.
- Parai fish protects from cancer.