Dosakaya in English
The English name of Dosakaya is “Yellow cucumber / Madras cucumber / English cucumber / Lemon cucumber“
Dosakaya is a yellow-coloured vegetable widely cultivated in areas of India, specifically in Andhra Pradesh. Its scientific name is Cucumis sativus. Dosakaya has a beautiful lemony yellow tint when young and develops into a golden yellow as it ripens. It is sweet and aromatic and is used in a variety of Indian dishes. The form of this vegetable is often oval or spherical and has thin skin all the way around. They are longer, measuring between 12 and 20 inches in length. The colour of Dosakaya is medium to dark yellow.
Dosakaya plants are simple to cultivate and thrive in locations with short seasons as the fruits develop faster and require less heat to ripen. 65-70 days is the maturity of Dosakaya.
Dosakaya has a great flavour that is a little sweeter and tangier than other regular cucumbers. It can be eaten fresh or cooked. Dosakaya is widely used in pickles, sambars, and dals. The Dosakaya-aavakaaya pickle is very famous in the Andhra and Telangana regions. Some choose not to consume the seeds of Dosakaya, despite the fact that they are edible and healthy.
Dosakaya has many health benefits. It has a minimal fat and cholesterol content. Dosakaya is good for skin health, which aids in the relief of skin irritations and the reduction of inflammation. It is high in fibre and includes a range of minerals that are good for you, including potassium and magnesium.
- Dosakaya pachdi
- Dosakaya pappu
- Guntur dosakaya kaaram
- Stuffed dosakaya curry
- Dosakaya sambar
- Dosakaya egg curry
- Dosakaya chicken curry
- Dosakaya chutney
- Mamidi dosakaya gojju
- Dosakaya mulakaya kura
- Dosakaya tomato kura
- Dosakaya fish curry
- Dosakaya avakai pickles
- Dosakaya payasam
- Dosakaya senaga pappu kura
The health benefits of Dosakaya are endless.
- Dosakaya have the potential to aid weight loss
- Dosakaya contains ascorbic acid and caffeic acid. Both are good for skin health
- Dosakaya is high in antioxidants and may lower the risk of chronic illness
- Dosakaya is composed of 96 per cent water, which may aid in hydration
- Dosakaya has a high concentration of vitamins A, B6, and C
- Dosakaya promotes bone health
- Dosakaya aids in the reduction of blood sugar levels and the prevention of certain diabetic complications
- Dosakaya are high in dietary fibre
- Dosakaya aids in the management of cholesterol and the prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Dosakaya helps to eliminate toxins from the stomach