Uluva in English
- Uluva meaning in English is “Fenugreek Seeds“
Fenugreek Seeds in Hindi
- Fenugreek Seeds in Hindi is “Methi Dana“
Fenugreek Seeds in Tamil
- Fenugreek Seeds in Tamil is “Vendhayam“
Fenugreek Seeds in Malayalam
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Malayalam is “Uluva / Venthiam“
Fenugreek Seeds in Telugu
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Telugu is “Menthulu“
Fenugreek Seeds in Kannada
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Kannada is “Menthe / Menthya“
Fenugreek Seeds in Bengali
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Bengali is “Methi“
Fenugreek Seeds in Marathi
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Marathi is “Methi Dane / Methi“
Fenugreek Seeds in Gujarati
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Gujarati is “Methi“
Fenugreek Seeds in Oriya
- Fenugreek Seeds meaning in Oriya is “Methi“
Uluva / Fenugreek Seeds
Uluva is scientifically called as Trigonella foenum-graecum. Uluva is a common ingredient often used in Indian recipes. The seeds are used as a spice and the dried leaves are used as a herb. Uluva is cuboid-shaped and the colour is yellow. In India, uluva is used both whole and powdered form. Uluva is used in many dishes like fish curry, sambar, pickles, idli and dosa batter. The taste of uluva is slightly bitter. To add flavour and to reduce the bitterness, uluva is heated before use.
Uluva has many health benefits. It is rich in fiber and minerals. It is good for the treatment of diabetes. Uluva has many home remedies. The paste of uluva is good for hair growth and reduce dandruff. Uluva is added in pickles as a preservative. tea made with uluva is good for fever. Uluva is used in Ayurvedic medicines since many years. The sprouts of uluva is used as food stabilizer and food emulsifier. Germinated uluva is used as a natural antioxidant.
In India, the cultivation of uluva is done in regions like Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh. India is one of the major producer of uluva.
Uluva Health Benefits
The health benefits of Fenugreek Seeds are endless.
- Uluva controls diabetes and lowers the levels of blood sugar.
- Uluva can reduce the cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Uluva reduces the risk of cancer, high blood pressure, inflammation.
- Uluva increases the production of breast milk when nursing.
- Uluva can boost testosterone levels in men
- Uluva is rich in vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin.
- Uluva is good for skin problems
- Uluva is good for menstrual cramps
- Uluva reduces the risk of bacterial, fungal, and viral infections
- Uluva improves weight loss
- Uluva aids digestion
- Uluva reduces the risk of heart conditions