Website Statistics 2022
- World’s First Registered Domain – Symbolics.com (March 15, 1985)
- World’s First Website – http://info.cern.ch (August 6, 1991)
- World’s First Web Browser – WorldWideWeb (1990)
- World’s First Search Engine – WebCrawler (1994)
Top 5 Oldest Domain
|Date of Registration||Domain||Registered to|
|March 15, 1985||symbolics.com||Symbolics|
|April 24, 1985||bbn.com||BBN Technologies|
|May 24, 1985||think.com||Thinking Machines|
|July 11, 1985||mcc.com||Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation|
|September 30, 1985||dec.com||Digital Equipment Corporation|
- Number of Active websites – 1,912,313,531
- Global population – 7.75 billion
- Worldwide internet users – 5,139,559,632
- Active social media users – 3.725 billion
- Worldwide Google searches per year – 1.2 trillion
- Bytes of data per day in 2018 – 2.5 quintillion
Website Design Facts 2022
- Two out of three people prefer to visit websites that are beautifully designed.
- 75% of the website visitors judge the websites based on design aesthetic attributes.
- 50% of the website visitors hinted that a website’s design is the most important factor in deciding the credibility of the business.
- 38% of the website visitors will not engage with a website if the layout or content is not attractive.
- 94% of opening impressions of a site are associated with the web design.
- 66% of the website visitors prefer beautifully designed websites if given 15 minutes of time to consume content.
- 89% of online consumers shop with a competitor site after a poor web design and user experience.
- Based on the design of a website, users take a decision in 10 seconds or less whether they trust the business.
User Interface(UI) Design Facts 2022
- 70% of the website visitors have abandoned their shopping carts because of poor UI Design experience.
- 90% of smartphone users prefer to shop again at a particular site if their user experience is good.
- Investment in the UX of a website can have a 100% ROI.
- 88% of the website visitors avoid returning to a website if they face a poor user experience.
- 73% of the businesses invest in UI design to help their brand stand out from competitors.
- 90% of the website visitors leave a website in just 3 seconds if the user experience is bad.
- 70% of small business websites don’t have a call-to-action button.
- 49% of websites based on HTML 5 get the maximum page views than other simple sites.
Homepage Facts 2022
- 64% of the website visitors want to see the company’s contact information on the homepage.
- 52% of visitors want to see information about the company’s business on the website’s homepage.
- 44% of the website visitors will leave the website if the company’s contact information is not provided on the homepage.
- 85% of the website visitors consider user reviews as trustworthy and as personal recommendations.
- 36% of customers click on logos to reach the homepage.
Mobile Design Statistics 2022`
- Mobile visitors are 5 times more likely to leave a website, which is not mobile-friendly.
- 40% of website visitors will switch to a different search result if the first site is not mobile-friendly.
- 48% of website visitors get annoyed if a website is not mobile-responsive.
- 74% of website visitors are more probable to return to mobile-friendly websites.
- 91% of small business websites have not optimized for mobile yet.
- 90% of website visitors think the mobile version of a website should be better than the desktop site.
- 60% of website visitors will mistrust a business with a non-responsive website.
- 62% of businesses that invested in responsive design saw a good increase in sales and revenue.
- 85% of users expect the mobile version of the site to be faster.
- 2 out of 3 minutes spent online is on a mobile device.
- 68% of businesses have blended mobile marketing into their marketing strategy.
Website Color Facts 2022
- 57% of website visitors tell that blue is the color of success.
- Green and orange call-to-action buttons on the website work well.
- 85% of online shoppers say they have made their purchase based on the color of the product.
- Bing, the search engine of Microsoft, made an additional $80 million when they changed the hue of blue.
Website Content Facts 2022
- 38% of website visitors will stop visiting a website if the content is not engaging.
- Every day, 10 million blog posts get published.
- If the content is very long – 30% of users will switch devices, and 38% will stop visiting the website.
- Website using quality content and user reviews are more likely to be trusted by both users and search engine.
Website Image Facts 2022
- 32% of business marketers think images are the most important part of the website.
- If the website information is aligned with a relevant image, there is 65% chance that the user will remember it afterward.
- Images on the website are 60,000 times faster to process than written content text.
Webpage Loading Facts 2022
- Each year, the websites which are Slow-loading cost their owners $2.6 billion in losses.
- 83% of visitors expect a website to load faster in 3 seconds or less.
- 39% of website visitors leave a website if images don’t load faster or take time to load.
- 53% of mobile visitors will abandon a website if it loads in more than 3 seconds.
- If the loading speed of a website increases from 8 to 2 seconds, the conversion rate will improve by 74%.
- Even one second of added page load speed can lead to a sales drop by 27%.
- The website, that load in 2.4 seconds, experienced a good mobile conversion rate of 1.9%.
- 47% of website visitors prefer that a website load in 2 seconds or less.
- 45% of website visitors leave the front page if the loading time of the webpage increased by 3%.
- The bounce rate of the website spiked to 150% when page load time was 8 seconds, and 100%, when the webpage load time was 4 seconds.
- Bounce rate will increase by 32% if it takes between 1 and 3 seconds to load the webpage.
Disclaimer: The data research report we present here is based on information found from various sources on the internet. We are not liable for any financial loss, errors, or damages of any kind that may result from the use of the information herein. We acknowledge that though we try to report accurately, we cannot verify the absolute facts of everything that has been represented.