In India, the unit of gold rate weight is mostly Sovereign. Pavan is the commonly used word to denote Sovereign in Kerala. Pavun, Pawn, Paun, Poun, Pawan are the names used in other parts of India. Normally people gift gold in Sovereign on the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya.
So, 1 Sovereign gold means 1 Pavan of gold.
Savaran is another word for Sovereign. This name is widely used in Tamil Nadu to denote sovereign. Savarlu or Savara is the name used to denote Sovereign in Telugu.
Gram, Kilogram, Tola are also used as units of gold price weight in India. In other parts of the world, the Troy ounce is commonly used to measure the mass of gold.
Tola is one of the ancient units of gold measurement. 1 Tola in gram is 11.67. People from South Asian countries measure their gold in ‘tola’. It is ideal for gifting family and friends. Still, this is the followed in various parts of India.
Other names of Tola are tolah, thulam, tulam, or tole.
Tola means ‘measure’. The word is derived from Sanskrit. Even today, gold bars are weighted in the form of Tola. During those days in India, 1 Tola weighed 100 Ratti seeds.
Equivalence between these measures are converted below:
a) 1 Pavan in Gram
1 Pavan How much Gram
- 1 Pavan means 8 Grams.
Hence, Pavan to Gram is 8.
Pavan Gold in English
- 1 Pavan in English is 1 Sovereign gold.
How much is 1 Pavan Gold?
- 1 Pavan Gold = 8 Grams of Gold. Hence, 8 gram gold is equal to 1 Pavan. Another name for pavan is Poun. 1 Poun gold is 8 grams.
So, 1 pavan gold rate means the rate of gold for 8 grams.
1 Kg Gold How much Pavan
- 1 Kg Gold in Pavan is 125
1 Pavan = 8 grams of gold
Therefore, 1 Kg (1000 grams) = 1000/8 = 125 Pavan (sovereigns).
So, 1 Kg gold rate means the rate of gold for 125 Pavan.
Gram to Pavan Converter
500 Gram Gold How much Pavan
- 500gm Gold in Pavan is 62.5
Hence, 500 gram to pavan is 62.5
100 Pavan Gold how many Grams
- 100 Pavan Gold = 800 Grams of Gold
So, 100 pavan to gram is 800.
50 Pavan Gold how many Grams
- 50 Pavan Gold = 400 Grams of Gold
10 Pavan Gold in Grams
- 10 Pavan Gold = 80 Grams of Gold
5 Pavan to Gram Converter
- 5 Pavan = 40 Grams
b) 1 Savaran Gold in Grams
Savaran is the word people use in Tamil Nadu to denote a Sovereign. People gift others or buy gold in Savaran, a measurement typically used.
So, 1 Sovereign gold means 1 Savaran of gold.
1 Savaran Gold is equal to How many Grams
- 1 Savaran Gold = 8 Grams of Gold.
Savaran to Gram
One Savaran = 8 gram
Savara Gold in Grams is 8
Savaran Gold in English
- Savaran gold meaning in English is Sovereign gold.
1 Kg Gold is equal to How many Savaran
- 1 Kg Gold in Savaran is 125
So, 1 Kg gold rate means the rate of gold for 125 Savaran.
100 Savaran = How many Grams
- 100 Savaran = 800 Grams
So, 100 Savaran gold in grams is 800
50 Savaran = How many Grams
- 50 Savaran = 400 Grams
30 Savaran = How many Grams
- 30 Savaran = 240 Grams
10 Savaran = How many Grams
- 10 Savaran = 80 Grams
5 Savaran = How many Grams
- 5 Savaran = 40 Grams
- So, 5 Savaran Gold in Grams is 40
c) 1 Sovereign Gold in Grams
One Sovereign Gold in Grams
- 1 Sovereign Gold = 8 Grams of Gold (Sovereign to Gram is 8)
8 gram gold is equal to 1 Sovereign gold. So, one Sovereign gold rate means the rate of gold for 8 grams.
5 Sovereign Gold in Grams
- 5 Sovereign Gold = 40 Grams of Gold
10 Sovereign Gold in Grams
- 10 Sovereign Gold = 80 Grams of Gold
100 Sovereign Gold in Grams
- 100 Sovereign Gold = 800 Grams of Gold
1 Kg Gold is equal to How many Sovereign
- 1 Kg Gold = 125 Sovereign
1 Kg Gold in Grams
1 Kg Gold How many Grams
- 1 Kg Gold equals 1000 grams of gold
Half Kg Gold How many Grams
- Half Kg Gold equals 500 grams of gold
100 Kg Gold in Grams
- 100 Kg Gold = 100,000 Grams of gold
d) 1 Tola in Gram
Tola is still used in South Asian countries like in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Singapore as a denomination of gold and precious metals.
Gram to Tola
The weight conversion calculation of Tola with grams.
1 Tola in gm
- 1 Tola = 11.6638 Grams
So, one Tola gold equals 11.6638 grams of gold
1 Tola Gold in Grams
- 1 Tola Gold = 11.6638 Grams of Gold
1 Tola in Kg
- 1 Tola is equal to 0.0116638 Kg
1 Tola Gold in Kg
- 1 Tola Gold = 0.0116638 Kg of Gold
1 Kg Gold in Tola
- 1 Kg Gold = 85.7353242 Tola of Gold
1 Tola Gold = 11.6638 Grams of Gold
Therefore, 1 Kg (1000 grams) = 1000/11.6638 = 85.7353242 Tola of Gold
1 Tola in Troy Ounce
1 Tola = 0.375 Troy Ounce
Troy Ounce in Grams
1 Troy Ounce= 31.10 Grams